Search Consultant, Commongood Careers
Position: Search Consultant
Functional Area: Talent Management & Recruiting
Organization: Commongood Careers
Location: Boston, MA
Metro Region: Boston
Commongood Careers brings innovative recruiting solutions to exciting nonprofit organizations that are changing the world. With a core business of retained search for positions at all levels of an organizational chart and across all functional areas, Commongood Careers has placed over 500 talented professionals into exciting positions in more than 150 organizations nationally, such as New Profit, Year Up, Share Our Strength, Center for Effective Philanthropy, KIPP, College Summit, DonorsChoose.org, iMentor, and Reading Partners.
Having just completed a strategic planning process, we are entering into an exciting period of growth during which we will grow our team to focus on serving more of our core client base with our proven search services while expanding our service offerings to meet additional recruitment needs of entrepreneurial nonprofits.
Just as Commongood Careers is passionate about connecting great talent to amazing organizations, we are equally passionate about building, supporting, and challenging our own team of outstanding nonprofit professionals. Grounded in our organizational values of purpose, diversity, respect, accountability, innovation, and fun, the culture of Commongood Careers is most often described as results-oriented, mission-driven, collegial, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial.
The Search Consultant role is the driving force behind our service delivery at Commongood Careers. For this critical position, we are seeking a results-oriented and mission-driven professional to manage the recruiting and hiring process for some of the most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations in the country. Managing a portfolio of diverse searches, the Search Consultant will have primary responsibility for building and cultivating strong professional relationships with hiring managers and serving as a strategic advisor while creating effective hiring plans, conducting robust recruiting efforts, and helping to assess and select the strongest candidates to fill open positions.
- For each search in your portfolio, conduct thorough organizational assessments, create appealing job postings, develop robust recruitment plans, and craft competency models to support screening and assessment
- Utilize interpersonal and relationship-building skills to cultivate strong client relationships that are based on trust, communication and unwaveringly high levels of customer service
- In collaboration with the recruitment staff, spearhead efforts to source and engage possible candidates to apply for open positions
- Review application materials to identify the most promising candidates and conduct phone interviews to assess degree of potential fit with the position and organizational culture
- Utilizing exceptional writing skills, advance the strongest candidates to clients with detailed and comprehensive competency-based assessments
- Consult with clients on a weekly basis to provide updates, address specific challenges and devise action plans for moving forward with each search
- Develop high-caliber resources and tools to support clients with all aspects of the hiring process from recruiting through interviewing and onboarding
- Work collaboratively with the Commongood Careers team to lead and/or participate in other organizational projects to enhance the overall effectiveness of our service model and delivery
The ideal candidate for the Search Consultant position could come from a variety of professional backgrounds, but will exhibit the following competencies:
- Belief in the power of people to drive an organization’s mission forward and the desire to connect amazing people with amazing organizations; specific recruiting and search management experience is strongly preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector required; experience with socially entrepreneurial organizations is preferred
- Proven ability to effectively manage clients by providing outstanding customer service, setting expectations, being an effective communicator, and serving as a experienced thought partner
- Organizational and project management skills; must thrive on managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing; ability to write effectively for a particular purpose
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and professional judgment; ability to make decisions based on the needs of clients
- Ability to serve as a strategic thought partner while also embracing the routine tasks and details associated with complex projects
- Confidence in self-initiating and self-directing workflow
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience position you for success in this role and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Microsoft Word format and addressed to Cassie Scarano, at http://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=1941 Appli.cations will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.